Please follow setup process below to get your iPad configured and ready for the start of the 2017-2018 school year.
1. Turn on the iPad using the power button located on the top right corner of the device. The Apple logo will appear on the screen.
2. Once the device is powered on, you will be greeted with a welcome screen showing “Hello” and “Press home to open” in different languages. Press the home button to advance to the setup process.
3. The next screen asks you to choose a language. Tap “English.” When prompted to “Select Your Country or Region”, tap “United States.”
4. The next screen shows a list of all available Wi-Fi networks within range of the iPad. You MUST connect your iPad to a Wi-Fi network to continue the setup. If you are at school, tap the “iPad-Setup” network connect to this temporary network with no password. If at home, tap the name of your home Wi-Fi network. Depending on the security of your network, you may be prompted to enter your password. Enter your password and tap “Join.”
5. After joining a Wi-Fi network, you may see a screen displaying the message “It may take a few minutes to activate your iPad.” After the iPad is activated, tap “Enable Location Services.” Some applications rely on location services in orders to function properly.
6. The next screen will display the message “Upper St. Clair Tw District will automatically configure your iPad.” Tap “Next” in the upper right-hand corner.
7. Next, on the screen that says “Please login with your Upper St. Clair School District network username and password to continue the setup of this iPad.” enter your USCSD username and password from your credential sticker, not your email credentials, and tap “Next” in the upper right corner. The next screen displays the message “Installing configuration from Upper St. Clair Twp. District.”
8. If your iPad is capable, you will be prompted to set up Touch ID. Tap “Continue” and follow the instructions on the iPad to set up Touch ID.
9. Next, you will be asked to create a passcode. Students must create a 6-digit passcode to ensure the security of all information on the iPad. Enter a 6-digit passcode. You will be asked to re-enter it on the next screen to confirm.
10. Next, you will sign in with your Managed Apple ID and temporary Managed Apple ID password then tap “Next” in the upper right corner. You will be asked to type your “Current” password, which is the temporary Managed Apple ID password you have been provided. Then you will create your permanent Managed Apple ID password in the “New” section and retype the same password in the “Verify” section. Your Managed Apple ID password must be at least eight characters long and include a lowercase letter, an uppercase letter, and a number.
11. Lastly, you will be prompted whether or not to use Siri. Tap “Use Siri.”
12. All done! On the final screen tap “Get Started.”