Please follow setup process below to get your iPad configured and ready for the start of the 2018-2019 school year.
1. Turn on the iPad using the power button located on the top right corner of the device. The Apple logo will appear on the screen. If your iPad doesn’t start up, it is possible that your iPad will need charged before you can set it up.
2. Once the device is powered on, you will be greeted with a welcome screen showing “Hello” and “Press home to open” in different languages. Press the home button to advance to the setup process.
3. The next screen asks you to choose a language. Tap “English.” When prompted to “Select Your Country or Region”, tap “United States.”
4. 4. The next screen offers you the ability to perform a “Quick Start” setup. Please tap “Set Up Manually” at the bottom of the screen.
5. The next screen shows a list of all available Wi-Fi networks within range of the iPad. You MUST connect your iPad to a Wi-Fi network to continue the setup. If you are at school, tap the “iPad-Setup” network connect to this temporary network with no password. If at home, tap the name of your home Wi-Fi network. Depending on the security of your network, you may be prompted to enter your password. Enter your password and tap “Join.”
6. After joining a Wi-Fi network, you may see a screen displaying the message “It may take a few minutes to activate your iPad.”
7. The next screen will display the message “Remote Management - Upper St. Clair Twp District will automatically configure your iPad.” Tap “Next” in the upper right-hand corner
8. The next screen says “Please login with your Remote Management Credentials in RED from your iPad Distribution Sheet to continue the setup of your iPad.” Enter the Remote Management credentials printed in red from your iPad Distribution Sheet and tap “Next” in the upper right corner. The next screen displays the message “Installing configuration from Upper St. Clair Twp District.”
9. The next screen will display the message “Upper St. Clair Tw District will automatically configure your iPad.” Tap “Next” in the upper right-hand corner.
10. You will be prompted to set up Touch ID. Tap “Continue” and follow the instructions on the iPad to set up Touch ID.
11. Next, you will be asked to create a passcode. Students must create a 6-digit passcode to ensure the security of all information on the iPad. Enter a 6-digit passcode. You will be asked to re-enter it on the next screen to confirm.
12. You will then see the Express Settings screen. Tap “Continue” to continue the setup.
13. On the final screen tap “Get Started.”
14. Next, you need to tap the USC Login App on your iPad and authenticate to the USC Network with your green Google App Credentials from your iPad Distribution Sheet (the username ends with @uscstudents.org). You MUST login to the USC Login App or you will not be able to access the Internet, check your email, or Apps will not start to download.
15. Tap "Settings". Once in settings, tap "15. Tap "Settings". Once in settings, tap "Sign into your iPad" in the upper left of the screen." in the upper left of the screen.
16. In the Apple ID section, type your Managed Apple ID Username which is in blue on your iPad Distribution Sheet. In the password, type your Temporary Managed Apple ID Password which is also in blue on your iPad Distribution Sheet. Tap “Next” in the upper right corner of the window to continue.
17. You will be asked to type your “Current” password, which is the blue Temporary Managed Apple ID password you have been provided on the iPad Distribution Sheet. Then you will create your permanent Managed Apple ID password in the “New” section and retype the same password you just created in the “Verify” section. Your Managed Apple ID password must be at least eight characters long and include a lowercase letter, an uppercase letter, and a number. When you are done, tap “Change” in the upper right of the window.
18. Your iPad is now setup!
You will be required to authenticate with the USC Login App on a regular basis to access the Internet or any Internet dependent App.