Using the following instructions, one can join a Chromebook to the school district's WiFi.
1. click the WiFi indicator icon in the task bar
2. click the USCSD entry
3. select PEAP from the EAP method list box
4. ensure Automatic is shown in the Phase 2 authentication list box
5. select Do not check from the Server CA certificate list box
6. enter your username in the Identity field (ie. enter your school district assigned computer account's username (ie. enter the username that allows you to logon to a school district computer) note: enter your username in the following form - ex. email@example.com
7. enter your password in the Password field (ie. enter your school district assigned computer account's password (ie. enter the password that allows you to logon to a school district computer)
8. ensure that the Save identity and password box is check marked
9. click Connect
At this point, your device is joined to school district WiFi. Note that this is a permanent connection, and so, the wireless connection does not timeout.