Exporting and Importing Bookmarks from Chrome
If you are signed in to Google Chrome, your bookmarks as well as other browsing data such as browsing history and saved passwords will stay synced to your Google account. Simply signing into the Google Chrome browser on your new or re-imaged computer will restore all of your browser data. If you would like to learn how to sign in to Google Chrome please read the following article.
Exporting Bookmarks from Chrome:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Click the More button in the top right. It looks like three vertical dots.
- Select Bookmarks and then Bookmark Manager.
- Click the More button in the top right (three dots), and then Export Bookmarks.
- Browse to save to a backup location such as Google Drive and click Save to Export your bookmarks as an HTML file. You will use this file to import later.