1. From the left navigation menu, click on Grades, then click on Post Standard Grades
2. In the top right corner, you will see a list of all your assigned courses. Any course that receives a grade will be listed under the Graded Courses heading. You will be entering grades for each course listed in the Graded Courses heading. If you see a list of students on your page, then you are in one of the correct graded courses. Last year all of these grades and skills were listed under one course. This year students are scheduled into a separate graded course for each subject area.
3. You see a list of students on the left side of the screen and skills listed in each column.
4. You can fill out the report card student by student or skill by skill. If you do skill by skill you can use the mass update feature. The mass update feature will populate a particular value for that skill for all students. For example, let's say you wanted to apply M (Meets grade level standard) for the skill "Applies handwriting skills" for all your students and then, change the students that did not receive an M. You can use your arrow keys to navigate from skill to skill or from student to student. You type the value of the skill in the box. It will only accept the values that match the skill grading scale. Do not worry about uppercase vs. lowercase, it automatically converts lowercase to uppercase.
For Subject Area Skills:
**Note: If there is a skill not assessed during the quarter, use the "--" value in that particular skill. **
For Reading Stages (only type One "CK" - aka checkmark for the appropriate Reading Stage)
For Behavior Performance Indicators:
If you hover your mouse over any skill, it will show the grading scale for that particular skill:
IMPORTANT: Click the Save button in the top right corner of the screen OFTEN. Your data is only written to the Focus database when you click Save. The Save button will turn red while you are saving and then you will be able to enter more values. DO NOT LEAVE the"Post Standard Grades" page without clicking Save.
5. To mass update a skill. Click on the Mass Update button in the top right of the screen.
6. In the drop-down menu, select the skill. Type in the value you want to mass update for that skill. Then, click the button Run Mass Update.
7. You will see the "M" populated for all your students. Then, you can change any student that should not receive an "M" manually if necessary.
Use your grade scale to type in other values:
Do not forget to click Save in the top right corner of the screen.
8. Continue to Mass Update skills or type in the values for each skill.
9. For Report Card Comments, Click on Grades, then Click on Report Card Comments.
10. You will see all your students listed on the left. Under the column labeled: Longer Comments for <Subject Area>, enter your comments for that specific student and that subject area. When you are finished entering comments, press the save button in the top right corner of the screen.
11. You DO NOT have the ability to print report cards. The main office will print all of the report cards.