1. Quarterly reminders - show students where to find FID content and schedules in Canvas
2. Quarterly reminders - remind students that attendance will be taken as if it was a regular school day
3. Quarterly reminders - practice sessions with Google Meet, reviewing etiquette, mute, etc.
4. Quarterly reminders (Elementary) - practice sessions with students logging into Canvas and navigating
Click here for Flexible Instructional Day (FID)
Guidelines for Upper St. Clair School District Families
Link all content for the day to the appropriate Canvas page.
Please make sure Canvas pages are updated to include all materials necessary for live synchronous instruction via Google Meet.
Elementary iPad Training Course
(assigned to all K-2 students) - includes Canvas and Google Meet training links.
Elementary Chromebook Training Course
(assigned to all students 3-4) - includes Canvas and Google Meet training links.
Middle School Chromebook Training Course
(assigned to all students 5-8) - includes Canvas and Google Meet training links.
1. FID Page. Elementary - Your FID template is in your list of Canvas pages (The template is called FID Day Template). You can make changes to that page, add/edit the content and post the schedule of the day (make you are in your course and not the blueprint course). Link your FID page at the top of your home page.
Note: EA and Specials teachers may have the link already on your home Canvas page.
Middle School - Post the schedule on the Team Canvas Page
High School - Post the schedule on each of your Canvas courses
2. Google Meet Link. Add all of your students to the Google Meet calendar event. Make sure to include all of your students in the Google Meet event - https://support.uscsd.k12.pa.us/kb/article/409-best-practices-for-using-google-meet-with-students/
Elementary - Your Google Meet link is on your FID page
Middle School - Your Google Meet links need to be embedded into your schedule/team page and/or course page
High School - Your Google Meet link needs to be prominently displayed on each of your course pages
**All classes are live synchronous instruction via Google Meet.**
3. Attendance. Take attendance as you would for a normal school day in Focus.