The Technology Department and its partners will be replacing the existing Xirrus Access Points with new Extreme Networks Access Points starting on May 17, 2021. The process to connect personal devices is different depending on which type of Access Point is active in your building. For an up-to-date replacement schedule, please click here.
High School students are able to connect their personal devices to the District’s WiFi network. This is the method for connecting your personally owned devices (phones, laptops, tablets) to the WiFi Network. Personal devices will connect using the USCSD-PPSK WiFi network. PPSK stands for private pre-shared key and is a technology that allows everyone to connect to the same network but each with a different password.
- On your personal device, connect to the WiFi network named: USCSD-PPSK.
- Enter the access key provided to you. This access key is specific to WiFi use and will be different than any password you currently use with the District. The key will have either been delivered to you via email or provided at the time of employee onboarding. If you are unable to locate your access key, please submit a ticket by clicking here.
- After entering your access key, your device should connect to the internet. Your device will remember this access key and it will only be needed to add additional devices in the future.
- Open a web browser on your device and visit https://securly.com/ssl, then follow the instructions presented. Please ensure that you watch the short video at https://securly.com/ssl as there are a couple of important steps you will need to take on your device before it is allowed full internet access.
Your access key is valid for use on multiple devices, but for your personal use only. You may NOT use your access key with smart assistants, such as Alexa or Google Home, for more details, please click here.
Do not share your access key with any other student or sibling. If you believe your access key has been compromised, please inform the Technology Department immediately. Students found to be sharing access keys or using devices inappropriately will have their access key revoked and/or referred to the Assistant Principal's office for follow-up.
Devices connected using the USCSD-PPSK WiFi network are bound by School Board Policy 3027, Use of the District’s Internet and Computer Networks. By connecting to the network, you accept the terms as set forth in the policy. You may review the full text of School Board Policy 3027 by clicking here. Additionally, the use of personal devices is subject to the rules and regulations set forth in the High School Student/Parent Handbook. You may review the High School Student/Parent Handbook by clicking here.
Using the following instructions, one can join a personal device to the school district's WiFi. There are two requirements when using school district WiFi - joining your device to the WiFi network and installing a certificate for web filtering.
1. Join HS-Student by using your device's WiFi selection menu.
2. Open a web browser on your device and visit https://securly.com/ssl, then follow the instructions presented. Please ensure that you watch the short video at https://securly.com/ssl because there are a couple important steps you will need to take on your device before it is allowed full internet access.