This guide will demonstrate how to use secure printing in 10 easy steps.
When using secure print, make sure you have your ID badge at hand – you’ll need to use it later.
- Have the document open you would like to print, the click File, and then Print, or press ⌘P (Command P).
- When the print screen opens, select a printer ending with Secure as the location.
- Click Print after you have selected any other settings you need.
- You will receive an email like the one shown stating that you have sent a document to a Print Queue.
- When you are ready, go to the nearest copier (such as in a planning room or main office) and find the card reader.
- Hover your card over the reader until you hear a “beep” noise.
- It will take a few seconds for you to be logged onto the printing system. Once logged on, you will receive a menu listing the item(s) you have sent to the secure print queue.
NOTE: When printing to certain secure print queues, you will not be prompted to release your document(s); instead, your document(s) will be printed automatically when you swipe your ID badge
- Either press Print All, or select the document you wish to print, and press Print in the bottom right.
NOTE: If the device does not support this screen, your documents(s) will automatically print after swiping your badge.
- Your document will now print. After you are finished, press the green Log Out button next to the screen. The copier will log you out so that the next person can use it.
- That’s all! Happy printing!