Setting up iCloud Sync and Google Auto-Backup in the Note Format in Notability
Setting up iCloud Sync
iCloud Sync and Auto-Backup to Google Drive are two great ways to backup your notes in Notability. We recommend setting up both of these backup methods in Notability.
Enabling iCloud Sync is a simple three step process. Launch Notability
and follow the steps outlined below:
- Tap gear icon in the bottom library toolbar.
- Tap iCloud.
- Turn iCloud on.
If prompted to do so, enter your Managed Apple ID Credentials.
More information about Notability
iCloud Sync can be found here:http://support.gingerlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/206061487-iCloud-Sync-iOS-
Setting up Auto-Backup in the Note format to Google Drive
To set up your Auto-Backup to Google Drive backup using the Note format, please launch Notability
, then follow the steps below:
- Tap gear icon in the bottom left library toolbar.
- Tap Auto-backup.
- Tap on Google Drive.
- If prompted to do so, enter the login credentials for your @uscstudents.org Google Account
- In Auto-backup’s settings, tap the gear icon to the right the Google Drive name.
- Under the “Choose Format” section, tap the first row.
- Tap the Note format.
- Tap Settings to return to the Settings screen
- Tap Close to exit the Settings window
You will see the backup indicator at the bottom of the Notability
window begin to complete its circle. The speed of the backup will depend on the number of Notability
notes that you have.. When you no longer see the backup indicator, your notes are backed up. Once the backup is set up, when you create new notes they will automatically be backed up.
The whole backup process is illustrated below: