You can record a Google Hangouts Meet. The Google Hangouts Meet recording can include you speaking and/or you speaking while presenting your screen. For example, you can be on a website explaining a concept, a FlipChart, PowerPoint, GoogleSlide Show, Google Doc, etc. After you stop the recording, it will take Google time (depends how long the recording is) to process the video. Your recording will automatically be sent to your Google Drive, in a folder called "Meet Recordings". You will receive an email when it is completed (you can also check the "Meet Recordings" folder).
Note: Recording a Live Google Hangouts Meet that includes students is a FERPA violation.
After you complete your recording, you can share it with staff only or with students.
1. While in your Google Hangout Meet, click the 3 vertical dots in the bottom right of the screen, then click on Record meeting
2. You will see a message asking for consent. Click Accept. Note: You cannot record a LIVE Google Hangouts Meet with students interacting in a LIVE environment.
3. In the top left of the Google Hangouts Meet, you will see a RED REC. The recording has started. As you speak, you will be on the video. You can record yourself talking and/or Present your screen to show a website, PowerPoint or Google Slide presentation, FlipChart, etc.
4. When you have completed the recording, click on the 3 vertical dots in the bottom right hand corner of your Google Hangouts Meet, then click on Stop recording.
You will receive a message to confirm you want to stop the recording, click Stop recording.
5. You will see a confirmation message at the bottom of the Google Hangouts Meet screen.
It will take Google time (depends how long the recording is) to process the video. Your recording will automatically be sent to your Google Drive, in a folder called "Meet Recordings". You will receive an email when it is completed (you can also check the "Meet Recordings" folder in Google Drive).
Sharing your Google Hangouts Meet link to use in Canvas, Website, or via email:
1. Navigate to your Google Drive and locate the "Meet Recordings" folder. Double click on the video
2. Click on the three dots in the right-hand corner and then click on Share. (You can also rename the recording from the same menu if desired)
3. Click on Get shareable link
Follow the directions here on how to share:
4. Copy the link and use it in Canvas, Website, or via Email.