In order to use Screencast-O-Matic, you first need to download the application from the Chrome Web Store.
1. Click the launcher button in the bottom left corner of the screen and open the Chrome Web Store.
2. Click the section on the left side of the screen labeled For Upper St. Clair School District.
3. Click the application titled Screencast-O-Matic Screen Recorder for Chromebook and then click Add to Chrome.
4. A new window will open asking you to confirm the installation. Click Add app.
Now that Screencast-O-Matic is installed on the Chromebook, follow the instructions listed below explaining how to launch the app and how to use it.
1. Click the Launcher icon in the bottom left corner of the screen and select Screencast-O-Matic. Follow the instruction in the video below. NOTE: The video below shows launching Screencast-O-Matic from the upper right corner of the Google Chrome browser. You will not be doing that. You will launch the application using the launcher icon in the bottom left corner of the chromebrook screen as mentioned above.