Please follow setup process below to get your iPad configured and ready for the start of the 2019 - 2020 school year.
1. Turn on the iPad using the power button located on the top right corner of the device. The Apple logo will appear on the screen. If your iPad doesn’t start up, it is possible that your iPad will need charged before you can set it up.
2. Once the device is powered on, you will be greeted with a welcome screen showing “Hello” and “Press home to open” in different languages. Press the home button to advance to the setup process.
3. The next screen asks you to choose a language. Tap “English.” When prompted to “Select Your Country or Region”, tap “United States.”
4. The next screen offers you the ability to perform a “Quick Start” setup. Please tap “Set Up Manually” at the bottom of the screen.
5. The next screen shows a list of all available Wi-Fi networks within range of the iPad. You MUST connect your iPad to a Wi-Fi network to continue the setup. If you are at school, tap the “Device-Setup” network connect to this temporary network with no password. If at home, tap the name of your home Wi-Fi network. Depending on the security of your network, you may be prompted to enter your password. Enter your password and tap “Join.”
6. After joining a Wi-Fi network, you may see a screen displaying the message “It may take a few minutes to activate your iPad.”
7. The next screen will display the message “Remote Management - Upper St. Clair Twp District will automatically configure your iPad.” Tap “Next” in the upper right-hand corner
8. The next screen says “Please login with your Remote Management Credentials in RED from your iPad Distribution Sheet to continue the setup of your iPad.” Enter the Remote Management credentials printed in red from your iPad Distribution Sheet and tap “Next” in the upper right corner. The next screen displays the message “Installing configuration from Upper St. Clair Twp District.”
9. You will be prompted to set up Touch ID. Tap “Continue” and follow the instructions on the iPad to set up Touch ID.
10. Next, you will be asked to create a passcode. Students must create a 6-digit passcode to ensure the security of all information on the iPad. Enter a 6-digit passcode. You will be asked to re-enter it on the next screen to confirm.
11. The next screen will ask you to type in your Apple ID. Locate the Blue Apple ID Credentials on your iPad Distribution sheet and type in your Apple ID (<username>@uscstudents.org) and tap “Next” in the upper right corner.
12. The next screen redirects you to our Single Sign On (SSO) portal. Tap the “Continue” button at the bottom of the screen.
13. Enter the Blue Apple ID password from your iPad distribution sheet on the next screen, then tap “Sign In”
14. The next screen will ask if you want to “Stay Signed In”. Tap “Yes” to continue. You will then see a screen stating “It may take a few minutes to setup your Apple ID”.
15. Tap “Continue” at the bottom of the screen when asked to “Keep your iPad Up to Date”
16. Tap “Enable Location Services” on the next screen
17. To enable Siri, tap the “Continue” button at the bottom of the screen and follow the instructions to set up Siri on your iPad.
18. On the final screen tap “Get Started.”
19. Your iPad is now setup!
You will be required to authenticate with the USC Login App on a regular basis to access the Internet or any Internet-dependent App.